A warranty measured by the LIFETIME of the original purchaser against defective workmanship and material defects when used for fishing, in conjunction with a fishing rod & reel with release system, the purpose intended, under normal conditions. Downrigger cable, terminal snaps and any damage resulting from snagging bottom or underwater obstructions void this warranty. Using a monofilament line of any type as a downrigger cable will void this warranty. The warranty period commences upon receipt by Scotty Marine and Fishing Products of the completed factory warranty form. It terminates on the transfer or death of the original purchaser, whichever comes first.
For any service by warranty, the original purchaser must contact an authorized service center (see “Contact a Dealer Near You”) or the Scotty Service Department. You must return the product to the service center or the Scotty factory with prepaid freight. In case of a defect, malfunction or failure to conform, you must return the product to the Scotty factory with freight prepaid; the warrantor will, at their discretion, either repair or replace the product.
The warranty provided here is in place of all other warranties expressed. All other obligations or liabilities, including liabilities for consequential damages, are hereby excluded.
Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary by state or province. * To register via Mail, you can download the appropriate warranty forms below:
Scotty Marine and Fishing Products extend to the original purchaser of the product a two year warranty against defective workmanship and material defects when used for lifting non-commercial traps, the purpose intended, under normal conditions.
* To register via Mail, you can download the appropriate warranty forms below:
Scotty Downriggers include our Limited Lifetime Warranty, protecting you against defective workmanship and materials when used for fishing. All warrantie extends to the original purchaser only. Before returning any defective products to Scotty’s Service Department, please call 1-800-214-0141 for detailed instruction. When possible our Service Team will aim to resolve your issue without the requirement to return the product for service. If a product or component isn’t covered by our Limited Lifetime Warranty, replacement parts are available for purchase through your local dealer. These parts can be seen on our website and can be ordered by calling 1-800-214-0141. Damage and failure to function as a result of home servicing may void the Scotty Limited Lifetime Warranty, see additional details below.
Addition Limited Lifetime Warranty details:
- Corrosion of stainless steel downrigger wire, plugs, sockets, and power cords are not protected under warranty.
- Missing parts are not covered under warranty, faulty product or component must be returned for repair or replacement.
- Oils or grease solvents used to lubricate the brakes or protect the wire may void warranty.
- Bending the downrigger boom for any reason may void warranty.
- Submerging the downrigger for any reason voids warranty.
- Any damage or loss resulting from bottom hang-up, snagging or improper installation voids warranty.
- The digital line counter on all Scotty High Performance Downriggers is covered by a 2-year warranty. The warranty period commences on the date of purchase.