Scotty Manufacturing Ltd., has been in business since 1952. We are a family owned and operated company located in Sidney, British Columbia on Vancouver Island. We take pride in our recruitment and retention of employees with a strong culture, a competitive compensation package and provide employees the opportunity to make a difference.
Scotty Manufacturing Ltd produces thousands of products under the Scotty Trademark which are sold into the fishing, marine, outdoor and firefighting industries worldwide. In this time, the Scotty Trademark has become recognized to mean one thing – product excellence.
The incumbent for this position will be an engaged and enthusiastic individual with a passion for a hands on role and an interest in the responsibility for managing a variety of accounting tasks within the Scotty arena.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- daily banking transactions including reconciliations, wire payments, transfers of funds, issuing of manual cheques if required
- audit all GL accounts monthly and make adjustments as required
- reconcile and balance all GLs for month end and year end to trial balance financials for all companies
- liaison with the accounting firm on all year-end adjustments and postings required
- engage with the accounting firm in all manners required pertaining to providing information and receiving instruction
- participate in all audits as necessary for tax issues for Canadian and US entities
- monitor exchange rates and selling US funds as required
- investing in short term investments such as BA’s, GICs
- liaison with banking entities, Canadian, IRS and state governments with regards to transactions, taxes and all correspondence
- submit monthly returns for PST, GST, Corporate tax installments, personal income tax installments
- submit and file monthly state tax returns, quarterly excise tax returns, annual state tax returns, quarterly state payroll taxes
Skills and Experience Required:
- minimum 5 years functioning in a small business accounting role, or senior bookkeeping role
- knowledge and understanding of accounting principles in previous roles
- full spectrum of hands on participation in processing month end and year end financials
- experience in working with Canada Revenue agency and the IRS for Canadian and US taxes.
- knowledge and experience in particular with US states Washington, California and Texas is an asset
- participation in tax audits such as excise, corporate , individual, PST,GST, foreign returns required
- prior skill set in IQMS and Prophet accounting systems is an asset
- functional knowledge of limited companies, ventures and family trusts is required.
Bookkeeping accreditation and /or accounting courses would be an asset.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected]